Children are naturally curious and most of them like the outdoors a lot. They like playing many games with balls, bats and other objects. There are some children who even like bugs and other small creatures. It is good for them to learn about environmental protection awareness at this early stage before they start developing bad habits. When this is done we will see a decrease in the degradation of the environment as children will not litter streets and they will know what to do in order to keep the environment healthy, so that life on earth can continue in a sustainable way. They will also grow up and become responsible
citizens who will do more to protect the environment.
Children who are aware will act Responsibly
1.Children will turn off lights when they are not needed, they will want to help their parents to reduce their electricity consumption and reduce their countries oil bill. When they know all the facts pertaining to oil importation and the benefits they will be getting when they conserve.
Why Kids will be Interested in Environmental Protection Awareness
2. Children will want to start thinking about their own future as early as possible. When they become aware of the things they can do for the environment. They will know that they are doing something to make their own future bright. For example, when they know how plastic hurts the marine animals in so many ways and how it might cause them to go extinct after a while. They will help to put more plastic waste into recycling bins and get involved in more trash to cash projects. So they can help to reduce the amount of plastic that gets washed down to the seas or oceans whenever the rain falls. Allowing our waste to destroy the lives of other creatures on the planet is really unfair. Children will always want to protect our beaches as well. They enjoy going to the beach and having fun, they won’t want to do anything that will destroy beaches and put an end to their beach trips.
3. Children will start learning to be creative when they participate in the trash to cash projects. They will learn to make a lot of new things, like toys for themselves and others.They will also learn to make craft items for their teachers and their parents as well. They will grow up to be more caring and generous. Giving away their craft items will be something that children with like doing as they find new ideas to create new craft items every day.
Spreading the news about Environmental Awareness
4. Children are always eager to tell their friends about their experiences, this will cause them to spread the word about protecting the environment a lot. Soon all the children and the adults they know will want to do more for the environment, as children can be very persuasive when they want to get something done and parents won’t want to be the ones who treat the environment badly and set bad examples for their kids.
Toxins and Our Health
5.Children who know how the burning of plastic and other waste can release toxins into the air and cause them to have respiratory illnesses; will want to do all they can to help to reduce the amount of toxic waste that goes into the garbage at their homes.
Assisting with waste Separation
6. Children who are aware of how important it is to protect the environment will assist their parents with the separation of waste at their homes and at their schools; by putting plastic waste in the right bins and organic waste in another bin. They will even want to plant their own gardens and do their own composting. They will also help their parents to find products that are packaged in a biodegradable material when they go shopping.
Children and Tree Planting
7. Children who are involved in projects for environmental protection will know how important tree planting is. They will know that trees absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen so we can have clean air to breath, added to the fact that they produce fruits for us as well. They will want to plant seeds and watch plants grow, and see that as a very fascinating experience.
Reducing the need for Oil
8. Children who know how important it is to protect the environment will do more to reduce the amount of oil-related products used by their families. They will not mind when their parents decide to organize carpools or take the bus to go places. They will also reduce the amount of electricity they use by turning off the lights and the television when they are not being used.
Not Allowing Creatures to go Extinct
9. Children who want to learn about how they can have a bright future by protecting the environment; will understand how important it is for humans to do their part to protect the lives of the many creatures on the planet; so they won’t go extinct. These creatures like the Bee helps with pollination and the growth of many plants. Whenever some creatures go extinct our food supply is affected and that cannot be a good thing.
Interest in the Products made from Recycled Plastic
10. Children will be interested in learning about all the new products that are made from recycled plastic and how they are sold for less as it costs less to produce new plastic from used plastic than from oil. This causes a reduction in the amount of oil that is shipped and a reduction in the number of oil spills that occurs. Reducing oil spills will reduce the damage done to the marine animals and fish, and cause our oceans and seas to be less toxic, so the fish we eat will be healthy.
Environmental protection awareness will affect the lives of all humans on the planet, as toxins damage our bodies when they get into our food, water, and air. Keeping our environment clean is important and it is something we need to tell our children about more often. So let’s start in a very easy way to help our children to become friends of the environment. They can start reading books about this extremely important topic more often when you support the project for the children and the environment on this site. A healthy environment keeps us healthy, let’s get that message to our children, so they will start working towards having a bright future?